pnaylor pnaylor at UMICH.EDU
Tue Apr 10 18:42:44 UTC 2012

Piers,

Thanks for sharing all this info.

I have been wondering about Tagalog *maski* 'not even' - from Spanish
*mas que*?
(Tagalog does have *kahit na* also meaning 'not even'.)

For example:
    *Hindi nagbigay maski isang pera si Juan sa pulubi/Maski isang pera, hindi
     nagbigay si Juan sa pulubi.*
     'Juan did not give even one centavo to the beggar/Not even one centavo did
      Juan give to the beggar.'

Please let me know what you know and/or what you think.
Maraming salamat!

With kind regards and best wishes, Paz

Paz Buenaventura Naylor, Ph.D. (Linguistics)
Emeritus:
    Adj.Associate Professor, Linguistics, ALC
    Program Associate, Linguistics
    Director/Founder UM Program in Philippine Language Instruction
    Faculty Associate, CSSEAS, CSEAS
Formerly:
    Assistant Professor, Linguistics, ALC
    Lecturer, Teaching Fellow, Romance Languages
    Research Assistant, Language Lab Instructor, ELI
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109