innovative 8 in WMP languages

Antoinette Schapper a_schapper at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 6 18:26:07 UTC 2012

Dear list users,
I am looking at numeral innovations in non-Oceanic AN languages numeral. There are several "WMP" languages which have an innovative numeral  8 whose etymology I can't determine. They are:

Tunjung kaluung

Balinese kutus

Seko sakkupa?ang

 Does anyone know the etymologies for these numerals? It was suggested to me that they might be related to bunches of coins that were strung together in groups of eight. However, I haven't been able to find anything on that.
Thanks in advance.
Antoinette Schapper