Follow up to: Austronesianizing our office space with maps... Suggestions?

Christopher Sundita cas536 at CORNELL.EDU
Thu May 1 16:01:02 UTC 2014

Just following up on my post from March about Austronesians maps.  Thanks
to David Mead, Roger Mills, Kerim Friedman, Ken Cook, and anyone else I may
have forgotten who wrote me with their suggestions.

To summarize, here are the suggestions that I received, in case it's
helpful to any of you:

Philippine Language map:
http://imphscience.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/philippine-language-relations-in-a-map/

1894 map of Celebes:
http://media-kitlv.nl/all-media/indeling/detail?q_searchfield=ppn:099945509
1914 map of Celebes:
http://media-kitlv.nl/all-media/indeling/detail?q_searchfield=ppn:099989662

Other maps:
http://opc-kitlv.oclc.org:1080/DB=1/SET=3/TTL=41/CMD?ACT=SRCHA&IKT=1016&SRT=YOP&TRM=schetstaalkaart

A past issue of National Geographic had a pretty good map of the Polynesian
migration.

Ethnologue Maps:

http://www.ethnologue.com/country/PH/maps
http://www.ethnologue.com/country/ID/maps
http://www.ethnologue.com/country/MY/maps
http://www.ethnologue.com/map/TW
Thanks again, and maybe I'll see some of you at AFLA later this month.

--Chris

Christopher Sundita
Graduate Student, Linguistics
http://conf.ling.cornell.edu/csundita