[An-lang] Integrating inferences about our past: new findings and current issues in the peopling of the Pacific and South East Asia.

Simon Greenhill s.greenhill at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 5 00:12:55 UTC 2015

Integrating inferences about our past: new findings and current issues in the peopling of the Pacific and South East Asia.

June 22nd - 23rd 2015.

Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, Jena, Germany.

Articulating the ways in which data from linguistics, archaeology and genetics can be brought together to resolve the outstanding issues in the history of the Pacific and South-East Asia.

The meeting will take place at the newly established Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History in Jena from 22-23 June, 2015. The mission of this new institute is “to develop new scientific methods to produce an integrated science of human history. It aims to bridge the gap between history and natural sciences by bringing together biologists, linguists and social scientists to apply cutting-edge genetic sequencing and computational advances from the natural sciences while still maintaining the highest standards of scholarship from the humanities."

More information about the conference can be found on our webpage:

        http://www.shh.mpg.de/51289/conf_2015_integrating_inference

Please apply by email to: integrating-inferences at shh.mpg.de

Organisers: Russell Gray, Lisa Matisoo-Smith & Simon Greenhill.

Dr. Simon J. Greenhill
ARC Discovery Fellow.
School of Culture, History and Language
College of Asia and the Pacific