[An-lang] item "crush/grind" on the Leipzig-Jakarta wordlist

David Mead mead2368 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 12:53:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would like to elicit the The Leipzig-Jakarta List of Basic
Vocabulary in the Indonesian context, but I have two questions
regarding the item "to crush/grind":

(a) for elicitation purposes, what Indonesian term should I use?
(menghancurkan, menghaluskan, menumbuk halus, melumatkan, menggiling ...)

(b) can someone give me an example of something being crushed or
ground that would work for the Indonesian context, e.g. here's the
situation (or here's a picture), in your language what verb do you
use to describe what's happening?

David