[An-lang] COOL10 postponed one year

Brenda Boerger brenda_boerger at sil.org
Thu Jan 14 14:32:33 UTC 2016

COOL10 postponed until July 2017

Regretfully, the organizers have decided to postpone COOL10 until 10-15
July 2017 in Honiara, Solomon Islands. Several circumstances converged to
make this decision the best option. One of the plenary speakers is
available next year but not this year, and there is considerable
uncertainty as to whether needed major renovations at the venue (supplied
by our co-sponsor) will be completed in time for a conference this July.
Given these factors and the late launch of the website and call for papers,
the decision to postpone was made in consultation with advisors in the
Oceanic community. We hope to see you next year in Honiara!

~Brenda Boerger

on behalf of Karen Ashley, conference organizer and Solomon Islands
National Museum

Brenda H. Boerger, PhD

DEL Fellowship Recipient

“Natqgu Dictionary and Legacy Texts”