[An-lang] object specific eat and drink verbs in Austronesian languages outside of Oceanic

Waruno Mahdi mahdi at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Feb 10 10:15:09 UTC 2020

Sorry to be so late. Was affline yesterday evening.
Indonesian Maly also has

gado / menggado "eat side-dishes without rice"

Then there still is:

nyamik / nyamikan "snack"

sesap / menyesap "sip (a.o. beverage or soup)"

sarap / menyarap "have breakfast"

That besides the common makan "eat" and minum "drink".