[An-lang] 'Visible' and 'invisible' demonstratives

Robert Blust blust at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 27 18:58:28 UTC 2021

Hello Christoph,

For Austronesian cases, there is a summary in my open-access online book, *The
Austronesian languages* (google my name + title).  See Chapter 5, 'The
Lexicon', Sect. 5.4, 'Demonstratives, locatives, and directionals'.  Many
languages have a first-person, second-person, third-person distance
distinction, but for the distal member others distinguish 'in sight' vs.
'out of sight'.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Bob Blust