Arabic-L:PEDA:Need DC Tutor

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Aug 4 14:57:56 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Need DC Tutor

Date: 04 Aug 1999
From: "A. R. Goldman" <argoldman at mindspring.com>
Subject: Need DC Tutor

[please respond directly to the requestor]

Ahlan wa sahlan
I hope that this message is appropriate...
I have studied Arabic for a couple of years, and am having some
difficulty finding a private tutor in the Washington DC area. My
interests lie primarily in Qur'an and Hadith (A teacher familiar
with Tajweed would be most helpful), and also at a later time, in
sha'Allah, with classical poetry. Spoken practice is of course
useful, but not my focus at this time...
If any readers of this list would know of any experienced
teachers, I would most appreciate a reply...
Wa's salaam
ARGoldman