Arabic-L:LING:ajalayn responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Aug 17 19:36:58 UTC 1999

1) Subject: ajalayn response
2) Subject: ajalayn response
3) Subject: ajalayn response
4) Subject: ajalayn response
5) Subject: ajalayn response

Date: 17 Aug 1999
From: Yrttiaho <kaarlo.yrttiaho at dlc.fi>
Subject: ajalayn response

I have once  been told by my  collegue that this  'ajalain ( dual of 'ajal)
refers to the  (two) times of death of the ( two) persons in question. 3inda
aqrab al-'ajalain would be at the time of the first one of these two
deaths -  the times of which only Allaahu ta3aalaa knows
 See  also the Qoranic al'ajalu l-musammaa.

With the best wishes

Kaarlo Yrttiaho