Arabic-L:LING:New dissertation and thanks

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Aug 24 23:29:24 UTC 1999

1) Subject: New dissertation and thanks

Date: 24 Aug 1999
From: Steven Blackburn <Steven.Blackburn at mail.trincoll.edu>
Subject: New dissertation and thanks

Dear Everyone,

Having (finally!) finished, and defended, my doctoral thesis, I would like
to thank those who responded to my occasional linguistic pleas for help,
and to those of you who, by "just being there", were very much a moral
support to me -- as lecturer in Arabic at Trinity College, Hartford, I am
the only Arabist, and one of only two Semiticists, at this institution.

The thesis, by the way, is entitled "Early Arabic Versions of the Book of
Job (first millennium c.e.)", for which the University of St. Andrews,
Scotland, is awarding me a Ph.D. in Religion.

Thanks again!

Steven Blackburn