ARABIC-L: GEN: AUC & Academic Freedom Response

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Feb 22 17:32:25 UTC 1999

1) Subject: AUC & Academic Freedom Response

Date: 22 Feb 1999
From: "289035:Aissati" <A.elAissati at kub.nl>
Subject: AUC & Academic Freedom Response

I read an 'infuriated' message by Abbas Tonsi, and wish to
communicate the following 2 details/corrections.

1. Chukri's novel was originally written in Arabic, and was not
accepted for publication inside Morocco, or any other 'Arab' country.
The French translation was authored by Tahar Benjelloun.

2. The translation with the title "Plain bread" is not known to me.
The only one I know is by Paul Bowles "For Bread alone"

Abderrahman El Aissati
Research Group on Language and Minorities
Tilburg University
P.O.Box 90153
5000 LE Tilburg
The Netherlands