Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic Windows Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jul 8 20:05:14 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Arabic Windows Query

Date: 07 Jul 1999
From: Mohammad A. Mohammad" <mohammad at aall.ufl.edu>
Subject: Arabic Windows Query

As a Mac user, I decided to mess with Windows in order to have access to
some stunning Islamic software from *Muhaddith* and *Sakhr.* But alas, read
on...

Two  or three weeks  ago I purchased the full version of MS Arabic Windows
98 via the Internet from a dealer in the Gulf (possibly Dubai).  Last week,
I bought an HP Pavilion 4455  PC which came with its own Windows 98 (the
American version).  That is to say, I have two fully licensed versions of
Windows. I used System Commander Deluxe to partition the harddrive in order
to install the localized Arabic version.  The installation was successful.
BUT..

Now, I have never used Windows before so I was not familiar with either
Windows or Arabic terminology.  So I decided to replace the Localized
version with the  enabled version to learn how to work the system.  To my
surprise, I was unable to do that. All I could see was (1) Start Computer
with CD.. or (2) Start Computer without CD.. or (3) Help.  Gone are the
choices of (1) Install the Enabled version, (2)the Localized version...etc.
It seems that I am no longer able to install anything.  As a background,
since I have never used Windows before (my old computer is a Mac),  I
clicked *muwaafiq* all the time.

I wonder if you would be kind enough to offer some help, or offer some
suggestions as to where I can get help?  I appreciate your help.

jazaakum Allahu xayran.

Sincerely,

Mohammad

Mohammad A. Mohammad