Arabic-L:GEN:Frontpage Posts

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jul 26 17:34:22 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Frontpage 25 July post
2) Subject: Frontpage 17 July post

Date: 26 Jul 1999
From: greenman <greenman at zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject: post from 25 July

Hi again,

I'm running FrontPage 2000 over Arabic-English Win 95. I also have MS
Office 97 Professional Arabic-English installed on my computer.

I guess the "jaann" are at work: when I try to edit English-only text in
an English-only file using the html source code view in FrontPage, the
language changes to Arabic. I click back to English, type one letter, it
hops back to Arabic, one more letter, back to Arabic..., etc. The
WYSIWYG mode functions fine.

This only happens in existing files that I open and try to modify. It
doesn't happen with new files.

If Mr. Abbar or Mr. Nelson of Microsoft are lurking in cyberspace, I'd
sincerely appreciate some help "from the source". Of course, I'll
gratefully accept help from anyone.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards from Berlin,
Joe