ARABIC-L: LING: Glossaries, word indices responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jun 2 17:38:30 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Glossaries, word indices
2) Subject: Glossaries, word indices, CD-ROM

Date: 02 Jun 1999
From: Kassem Wahba <Kassem_Wahba at zu.ac.ae>
Subject: Glossaries, word indices

You may look at the following:

1- al-Khaliil ibn Ahmad al-Faraahiidy (100-175 H) " Kitaab al-Cayn" ed.
Abdullah  Darwiish, Part one. Cairo, Egypt (year ?).

2- al-Khaliil ibn Ahmad al-Faraahiidy (100-175 H) "Tartiib  Kitaab al-Cayn"
ed. Mahdy al-Makhzuumy and Ibraahiim al-Saamurraa'y, Three parts.
Intishaaraat Iswah (al-TaabiCa li-munathamit al-'awqaaf wal-'umuur
al-khayriyya), Qum, Iran. (1414 H).

3- 'aby Caly al-qaaly (288-356 H), " al-'amaaly" Daar al-Hadiith, Bayruut,
Lubnaan, 1984.

As for the difference between the first and the second book (i.e,
dictionary) of Kitaab al-Cayn is in the first book, the words (roots) are
arranged phonetically, but in the second, the words (roots) are arranged
alphabetically. The third book is not a dictionary.

Regards
Kassem Wahba