ARABIC-L: LING: Query: Glossaries, word indices

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jun 2 02:36:56 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Query: Glossaries, word indices

Date: 01 Jun 1999
From: ruediger.arnzen at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Subject: Query: Glossaries, word indices

Dear colleagues,

I am currently working in the field of functional lexicography and
pragmatic semantics of Classical and early Middle Arabic texts (i.e.,
6th - 10th centuries A.D.). Up to now, my research has been based on
a rather small corpus of sources. I wonder if anyone could provide me
with any kind of word indices, glossaries or other sorts of databases
to any Arabic text of that period (no matter what genre; of course I
do have Qur´an and Hadith on CD-ROM). The materials need not be
complete nor somehow systematized, even handwritten collections or
notes would be of great help. It goes without saying that any
form of computer processable versions of Classical Arabic texts,
whether in Arabic script or transliterated, would be of invaluable
help to my project.
Many thanks in advance!

Dr. Ruediger Arnzen
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum