Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic for Professors query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Sep 20 14:36:46 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Arabic for Professors query

Date: 20 Sep 1999
From: Jim Price <Jim123 at ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Arabic for Professors query

I have an acquaintance who is a sociology professor, over 40,  with an
interest in improving his rudimentary Arabic skills.  He would like to
improve them to what I would assess to be at least the "advanced" level
on the ACTFL scale - at least as per the standards of that scale a few
years ago.  Either a summer intensive or a full year program would be
acceptable.  The focus would be on MSA.  However,  Middlebury is not an
option because this professor would prefer not to live with fellow
students.
What programs either in the Middle East or in the United States might be
best for him?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jim Price