Arabic-L:GEN:Shawqi Dayf info

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Apr 13 23:11:02 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Shawqi Dayf info
2) Subject: Shawqi Dayf info
3) Subject: Shawqi Dayf info
4) Subject: Shawqi Dayf info
5) Subject: Shawqi Dayf info

Date: 13 Apr 2000
From: "Muhammad S. Eissa" <eissa at umich.edu>
Subject: Shawqi Dayf info

Shawqi Dayf is the very famous scholar in Arabic language and literature whose
name is known to a  generation of his students and readers. His writings
cover a wide spectrum in Arabic and Islamic themes He is the author of the
8 volumes on the history of Arabic literature published by Dar al-Maarif,
Cairo.. His numerous works, 42 titles, cover a wide range of Arabic
literature genres and linguistic studies in addition to a number of
biographies and manuscript editing. He was a professor in Dar al-Uluum
College, Cairo University and now, I believe, he is the head of Arabic
Language Academy in Egypt.  Please forgive this hasty reply that falls way
short of fulfilling Dr. Shawqi Dayf his due and well deserved respect.

	salaam
Muhammad S. Eissa,