Arabic-L:GEN: Professor Mohamed Abu-Talib Appreciation

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Dec 5 21:51:10 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Professor Mohamed Abu-Talib Appreciation

Date: 05 Dec 2000
From: Moha Ennaji & Fatima Sadiqi <estry at fesnet.net.ma>
Subject: Professor Mohamed Abu-Talib Appreciation

Dear colleagues and friends,

The Moroccan linguistic community is extremely saddened by the death of
Professor Mohamed Abu-Talib. He passed away on Saturday 25 November at 7 pm
in a Rabat hospital, where he spent more than three months fighting
illness. He had actually been sick for three years. He fought the disease
with great courage and determination until the last minute of his life. He
was 67 years old. He was buried in his hometown, Fes, on Sunday 26 November
at 4 pm.

Professor Mohamed Abu-Talib worked as Professor of English language and
linguistics at Mohamed V University in Rabat for over thirty years. He was
one of the active founders and the spiritual father of The Moroccan
Association of Teachers of English. He participated in almost all the
annual conferences of the Association; his papers and the debates he
indulged in were always fruitful and stimulating.
Professor Mohamed Abu-Talib was a great scholar and a good friend.

Our deepest condolences go to all his colleagues and friends in Morocco and
abroad. We will always remember Prof. Mohamed Abu-talib as an original,
deeply Moroccan, outstanding researcher and thinker.

May God have him in His Mercy. Amen.