Arabic-L:LING:Linguistic Research Journal

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Dec 19 16:10:53 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Linguistic Research Journal

Date: 19 Dec 2000
From: Tourabi Abderrezzak <tourabi at iera.um5souissi.ac.ma>
Subject: Linguistic Research Journal

Dear All
Attached is the Editorial Statement and the content of the 9th issue of
the Linguistic Research Journal published by the Institute for Study and
Research on Arabization, Rabat-MOROCCO.
Best regards
A. Tourabi

Editorial Statement

We are very pleased to present the seventh and eighth issue of Linguistic
Research / ?abhaat lisaaniyya. The journal is intended to be an active
forum for discussion, interaction, and integration of theoritical and
applied research on Arabic and other languages within a comparative
framework. Work on Semitic and African languages will be particularly
encouraged.

The journal will include contributions in the following topics and disciplines:
- theoretically oriented work in linguistic sciences, including syntax,
morphology, phonology, lexicology, semantics, pragmatics, language
acquisition, cognitive science, corpus linguistics, etc.
- applied research especially in the domains of computational linguistics,
terminology, translation, didactics, language planning, communication, and
language variation
- interdisciplinary research
- reviews of important contributions in those fields
- replies or critiques
- brief descriptions of computational or didactic tools, especially those
applied to Arabic.

Contributions can be written in Arabic, English, or French. Manuscripts are
subjected to a thorough review, which would hopefully contribute to
improving their content and presentation.

Contributors are asked to submit their manuscripts in three copies.
Articles should not exceed 25 to 30 pages (double spaced). Very long
articles will be included only exceptionally. Final versions of accepted
texts should be preferably edited on Word 6.0 (or later versions) and made
available on floppy disks (using PC or Mac). Guidelines for authors are
available from the editors. Manuscripts are not returnable.

We hope to create an active forum of research on Arabic and languages in
the area, situated with respect to languages in other areas of the world.
We also hope to bridge the gap between theoretical and applied research.

Abdelkader Fassi Fehri, Director.

Contributors are asked to post their articles to the following address:
Abdelkader Fassi Fehri
Institute for the Study and Research on Arabization
Avenue Allal El-Fassi, B.P. 6216
Rabat-Agdal (Institutes)
Rabat, MOROCCO

* The journal is published as one volume of two issues per year (of
approximately 400 pages). Subscription rates for Volume 2 (1997) are the
following:
Institutions/Libraries: 200 DH (or 30 US dollars), plus 80 DH for postage.
Individuals: 80 DH (or 12 US dollars), plus postage. Students: 60 DH.

Table des Matières (Vol. 5  N° 1)
Table of Contents

Fassi Fehri, Abdelkader
Transitivity as Plural Number

Tourabi, Abderrezzak
Markedness and Person / Number Ordering within Arabic Verb Conjugation
Paradigms.

Articles en arabe

Hassouni, Mustapha
T-tacriif wa t-tankiir fii binyati l-murakkabi I-haddiy

EL Feguigi, Bouchra
Bacdu n-nadariyyaati I-mufassirati li-zdiwaajiyati I-lugati

Desclés, Jean Pierre et al.
Sémantique cognitive de l'action : 1. contexte théorique