Arabic-L:PEDA:Dubbed Movie Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 15 16:52:05 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Dubbed Movie Query

Date: 15 Feb 2000
From: donald.cox at mildenhall.af.mil
Subject: Dubbed Movie Query

[I received this query personally and don't know the answer.  If you have
the information he needs could you respond directly to Sgt Cox?  Thanks.
Dil]

I'm in a bit of a predicament and am hoping that you can either help me
directly or steer me toward someone who can.  I'm the command language
program manager at a large Air Force base in England, where I'm responsible
for overseeing language training for approximately 200 people in almost a
dozen languages.  For some time, I've been concerned about the content of
many of the videos in our foreign language collection (particularly some of
our European 'classics') and would like to provide some alternatives in the
form of Walt Disney movies that have either been dubbed or subtitled in the
Arabic (Modern Standard) and Hebrew languages.  Searches on the Internet
have proven fruitless, and I'm hoping that members of your staff might know
of sources for such materials.

Sincerely,

TSgt Don Cox