Arabic-L:JOB:Freelance linguists/native speakers

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:59:29 UTC 2000

1) Subject: JOB:Freelance linguists/native speakers

Date: 23 Feb 2000
From: Andrea Bloom <abloom at dlc.com>
Subject: JOB:Freelance linguists/native speakers

We are seeking professional linguists on a freelance basis who are
native speakers of the following languages: KOREAN, RUSSIAN, ARABIC,
HEBREW, PORTUGUESE (European), SCANDANAVIAN LANGUAGES, CHINESE
(Singapore), CANTONESE.  This is for projects for brand names,
taglines, and other marketing material a large translation company. We
prefer evaluators who are located in their native countries, but if
you're not, please contact us anyway. The projects entail completing a
questionnaire about proposed names etc, using your expertise about your
native language and culture. It is helpful if you like to think
creatively and are interested in all aspects of language. We pay on a
per job/hourly basis. If you are interested, please email me your
resume, and contact me with any questions: abloom at dlc.com. We will
require a sample questionnaire to be filled out, so that we can assess
the quality of your work.

If you would like more information about our company, please go to our
website: http://www.intl.com