Arabic-L:LING:Lexical Resources Responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jan 26 23:52:36 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Lexical Resources Response
2) Subject: Lexical Resources Response

Date: 26 Jan 2000
From: Yaser Al-Onaizan <yaser at ISI.EDU>
Subject: Lexical Resources Response

Greetings,

A bunch of classical Arabic-Arabic dictionaries are available on the Sakhr web
site at http://lexicons.sakhr.com/ . These include: Al-MuhaiT, muhaiT
Al-MuhaiT,  Lisan Al-Arab, Al-mua'jm Al-waseeT, Al-Ghany, and Al-Qamoos
Al-MuhaiT. They are searchable by Arabic lexical surface word , its root, or
synonyms and also by its English meaning (or equivalent). The interface to
those are in Arabic, so obviously you need to be able to read and type in
Arabic.

I'm not a linguist, so I'm not so sure if this is what you are looking for.
Any way, I hope  it would be useful for you and others.

Regards,
Yaser