Arabic-L:LING:Colloquial Arabic Sites query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jul 20 23:23:49 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Colloquial Arabic Sites query

Date: 20 Jul 2000
From: Libor Zajicek preklady rustina&polstina <libore at volny.cz>
Subject: Colloquial Arabic Sites query

Dear members of the list,

could You recommend me any sites concerning colloquial arabic - I am
interested in Palestinian or Lebanonese variant. I would like to know
tooin the differences, which dialects are similar each to other more and
which less.
I would also like to know, in which way did the arabic words get to
turkish. Was it through the classical arabic, or through syrian or iraqi
dialect.
Thank You for any answer or advice.

Libor Zajicek, Prague, Czech Republic