Arabic-L:LING:Kashida query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Jun 20 17:49:09 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Kashida query

Date: 20 Jun 2000
From: afaque ahmad <afaqueahmad at usa.net>
Subject: Kashida query

[please respond directly to requester]

Hi,
  I am an engineer working in a software company. We are developing an
Arabic software for our upcoming version.
 =

The following information would be really helpful to us.

 There must be some set of rules as to how kashida can be inserted among
Arabic characters. If you have some information regarding this please do
respond. If not then what will be the best source for the same.

Hoping to receive a prompt reply from you =

Thanks
rgds-afaque =