Arabic-L:Duke Video Contest

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Mar 9 20:54:30 UTC 2000

1) Subject:Duke Video Contest
Date: 09 Mar 2000
From: Rkia Cornell <rcornell at duke.edu>
Subject: Duke Video Contest

I am pleased to inform you that we will be hosting our Fifth Annual Arabic
Speech Contest at Duke on Saturday, April 8.  In the past, we have invited
students from the neighboring institutions to apply and join their friends
at Duke in this major event.   This year, however, we are opening the
contest to a wider audience to include students from all across the
country.  Those interested will enter the contest by submitting their
speeches on video.

We will need to have your applications by April 3, sent to the Asian and
African Languages and Literature  Office, together with your video and the
complete text of your speech in Arabic, and a summary in English (see the
included documents for guidelines and mailing address).

We look forward to your participation in this exciting event.

Rkia Cornell
Arabic Speech Contest Coordinator