Arabic-L:PEDA:Georgtown Summer Arabic Program

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:36:45 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Georgtown Summer Arabic Program

Date: 20 Mar 2000
From: Brian McGrath <MCGRATHB at gunet.georgetown.edu>
Subject: Georgtown Summer Arabic Program

GEORGETOWN ARABIC LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
SUMMER 2000

PROGRAM: The Arabic Language, Literature and Linguistics Department, and the
Summer School, will offer its annual Arabic Language Institute during the
Summer
of 2000.  Courses to be offered are:

1)         Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic I
            (6 cr.) (June 5- July 7)

2)	Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic II
            (6 cr.) (July 10-August 11)

3)	Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic I
            (6 cr.) (June 5-July 7)

4)	Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic II
            (6 cr.) (July 10-August 11)

5)	Intensive Advanced Arabic I (6 cr.) (June 5- July 7)

6)	Intensive Advanced Arabic II (6 cr.)
            (July 10- August 11)

All of the above are undergraduate courses.  Students may enroll for one or
both
sessions of any sequence.  The Summer Arabic Language Institute at
Georgetown is
very intensive.  Students in all courses will normally spend from six to seven
hours per day, five days a week between classwork and homework preparation.  An
additional course load during the summer is not recommended.

Session I:	June 5 -  July 7
Session II: 	July 10 - August 11

Tuition is $470.00 per credit for the undergraduate courses, plus a $50.00 lab
fee per session.

ADMISSION:  The program is open to graduate and undergraduate students, and to
persons who  are not academically affiliated but need a knowledge of Arabic for
professional and other valid reasons.  Courses are not open to native speakers
of Arabic.  The courses are offered for undergraduate credit only.  For
application forms, please contact:

Brian McGrath,
Assistant Director
Summer 2000 Arabic Language Institute
Department of Arabic Language, Literature and Linguistics

Georgetown University
P. O. Box 571046
Washington, DC 20057-1046

Phone: 202-687-5743
Fax: 202-687-2408
E-mail: mcgrathb at gunet.georgetown.edu
Arabic Dept. Website: http://www.georgetown.edu/departments/arabic

Deadline for receipt of application forms and supporting documents is March 31,
2000.  Late applications will be accepted on a space available basis.