Arabic-L:In Memoriam:Dr. Ed De Moor

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:41:24 UTC 2000

1) Subject: In Memoriam:Dr. Ed De Moor

Date: 20 Mar 2000
From: Gert Borg <G.Borg at let.kun.nl>
Subject: In Memoriam:Dr. Ed De Moor

L.S.

I regret to inform the members of the list, that my friend and former
colleague, Dr. Ed de Moor, has died suddenly on Sunday morning, March 19th.

With his inspiring enthusiasm as a teacher and as a scholar he made an
important contribution to the spreading of knowledge of Modern Arabic
Literature.

Ed has been our colleague at the Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies
at Nijmegen University for over 25 years and was still working in the same
building as the director of the Institute for Christianity in Eastern
Europe and the Middle East. This enabled us to continue our pleasant
cooperation for the last few years.

The staff members of the Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies wish his
wife, Anneke, and the other members of the family strength in the difficult
days ahead.

Ed was the kind of man who made a difference.

Gert Borg