Arabic-L:LING:Indexing Software Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed May 31 17:28:00 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Indexing Software Query

Date: 31 May 2000
From: GnhBos at aol.com
Subject: Indexing Software Query

Dear Friends,

I appreciate any leads on the subject, below:

>  (I spoke with George Hallak on the phone, he asked that I send this request
>  in.)
>
>  We produce an Arabic language learning software program, The Rosetta Stone.
>  With the software, we provide the complete printed text of our curriculum.
>  Currently we do not provide an index for this book. What we would like is
>  something like this (example in English, using line numbers).
>
>  1 boy
>  2 girl
>  3 man
>  4 woman
>  5 man and boy
>  6 man and woman
>  7 boy and girl
>  8 man and girl
>
>  Then an index would provide:
>
>  boy (1,5,7)
>  girl (2,7,8)
>  man (3,5,6,8)
>  woman (4,6)
>
>  We would like to either purchase software than can automatically compile
>  such a list, or find out what such a service would cost. We have two
>  products, Level I and Level II, each in voweled and unvoweled forms. There
>  are about 3600 lines of script in each level, perhaps 8000 lines total
>  (many of the lines are complete sentences).
>
>  Attached is our Level I curriculum text in pdf format. Let me know if you
>  need it in another form.
>
>  Thanks for any information you can provide!
>
>  Greg

There is a PDF file attached to the message, I will send upon demand.
Please, forward any information or address of companies or persons
who know of a utility or are willing to help for a fee (I do not think the
guy is asking for just a favor!). Thank you.