Arabic-L:LING:Hasan Al-'Attar query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Nov 1 18:25:00 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Hasan Al-'Attar query

Date: 01 Nov 2000
From: Peter Gran <pgran at astro.temple.edu>
Subject: Hasan Al-'Attar query

Dear colleagues,
A question if you please.

I am interested in the career of the Egyptian Shaykh and language
teacher Hasan al-'Attar. Netscape shows me a citation appearing under
his name suggesting a book in Spanish has appeared in the mid 1990's
about him and my question is what is the full citation of it.

What I read on Netscape makes it entitled Hasan al-'Attar y la alfaz
al-lughawiya:(then more ambiguously)jasayuha wa anwa'iha---  compiled or
written by several authors, one of whom is Hasan, 'Abd...

This should be routine. First of all the bibliography listing it is on
the net but when I look in it this book isn't there.

It should still be routine. I look in RLIN, a colleague looks in First
Search- no dice.

So, does any one read the Arabic Department of the Philology Faculty at
Complutense U. in Madrid's bulletin (Boletin de Novedades)where Netscape
discerns this or is Netscape to be thought of like a good many other
research assistants whose names I have now forgotten.

Any precise information or suggestions would be appreciated
yours,
Peter Gran