Arabic-L:LING:Acquisition of Arabic as L1 Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Nov 7 00:09:41 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Acquisition of Arabic as L1 Query

Date: 06 Nov 2000
From: Amr IBRAHIM <amr.ibrahim1 at libertysurf.fr>
Subject: Acquisition of Arabic as L1 Query

Supervising a graduate work on the acquisition of Arabic as a mother
tongue from a strictly linguistical point of view I noticed there were
nearly nothing writtten on the subject in English, French or Arabic. Is
there anybody working in the field? Is anyone familiar with serious
litterature about this question ?
With some of my colleagues I am planning to organise a meeting in Paris
at the end of 2001 to gather those who have something done in this
direction and wish to share their experience or look for new insights.
Therefore we would appreciate any kind of information related to the
acquisition of arabic as a mother thongue. We are also looking for
people interested by the meeting.
I shall post a summary as soon as the information received will deserve
it. Please feel free to answer in the language in which you feel more at
ease.

Amr Helmy IBRAHIM
amr.ibrahim1 at libertysurf.fr
Fax   33 1 48 00 09 42
-
Amr Helmy IBRAHIM
Professeur de Linguistique à l'Université de Franche-Comté

Responsable de la C.R.F.L.F.C.
Cellule de Recherche Fondamentale en Linguistique Française et Comparée
Centre Lucien Tesnières - Équipe d'accueil n° 2283

5, rue Louis Léon Lepoutre   94130 Nogent-sur-Marne (FRANCE)
Tel. 33 1 48 76 09 57   ou     33 6 62 00 09 57
Fax 33 1 48 00 09 42    ou     (sur portable)  33 6 62 20 09 57
Courriel / e-mail      amr.ibrahim1 at libertysurf.fr