Arabic-L:PEDA:Need DC Area Arabic tutor

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Nov 15 18:26:37 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Need DC Area Arabic tutor

Date: 01 Nov 2000
From: "A. R. Goldman" <argoldman at mindspring.com>
Subject: Need DC Area Arabic tutor

As salaamu alaykum:

I live in the Washington DC area, and hoped that the members of this list
might be able to help me pursue my Arabic studies...

I completed about one year of college level Arabic (with a private tutor) a
couple of years ago, and would like to return to a study of the language. I
got the basics, but my knowledge of grammar, particularly the verb forms,
and my vocabulary are not at the level needed for the study of the Qur'an
(my primary focus). I would of course be interested in the study of MSA if
this could be accomplished concurrently.

Also, I have hopes of learning the rules of Tajweed; it would be ideal if
this could be accomplished with one instructor...

I posted a similar message about 18 months ago, and apologize for the (late)
repetition, but in a area as transient as WDC, there is always the hope that
I might find someone to help me with these goals...

Many thanks...

Ma's Salaam

Abdur Rahman Goldman