Arabic-L:GEN:WP 5.1 Response

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Oct 18 16:08:53 UTC 2000

1) Subject: WP 5.1 Response

Date: 18 Oct 2000
From: Jan Hoogland <j.hoogland at let.kun.nl>
Subject: WP 5.1 Response

I'm still using Word Arabic vs. 7 (for Win95) on an old machine, and it
converts WP Arabic almost correctly. One problem with alif-lam ligature,
but a simple replace operation can handle this.
You can send me the files if you wish, and I'll convert them (as a
translator I'm used to dealing with confidential stuff).

But in Word97 (on my other computer) the conversion does not work.
Does anyone on the list happen to know what's the cause of that? Even
installing 'conversion utilities' with office 97 did not work for the WP
Arabic conversion.

Jan