Arabic-L:GEN:Software Position for Arabic Speaker

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Sep 21 18:43:45 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Software Position for Arabic Speaker

Date: 21 Sep 2000
From: John Makhoul <makhoul at bbn.com>
Subject: Software Position for Arabic Speaker

SOFTWARE POSITION FOR ARABIC SPEAKER

We have a position open for a speaker of Arabic with good software
experience.  The position is full-time in principle, although we will
consider part-time applicants.

THE WORK

  The ultimate dream of ubiquitous access to information will only be
realized when new tools are created to selectively and efficiently
search any form of human language for content.  Today, at BBN, we are
inventing these new capabilities with our world-class speech and
language technologies and building systems for audio-indexing and
content-based information management.  We are working in a number of
languages, including Arabic.

  The candidate for this position will join a high-powered team of
scientists and engineers to use these advanced speech and language
capabilities to develop new applications and products.

SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
. Good experience in C/C++ software development
. Working knowledge of Win32 and/or GNU/Linux development environments
. Knowledge of spoken and written Arabic

CONTACT:
Please email your resume to:
Kendra Carpenter, kcarpent at bbn.com, Tel. 617-873-4768.
BBN Technologies, Cambridge, MA 02138

BBN Technologies, located in Cambridge, MA, has about thirty years of
experience in developing state-of-the-art speech and language
processing technologies; more than 100 technical staff are currently
working in this area.  In 1969, BBN received the contract to build the
first packet-switched network, ARPAnet, which was the precursor to the
modern Internet.  In the early 1970's, BBN implemented one of the
first email systems and introduced the @ sign in email addresses, as
in Name at bbn.com.

John Makhoul
BBN Technologies, Verizon Communications		Tel: 617-873-3332
70 Fawcett Street					Fax: 617-873-2534
Cambridge, MA 02138				   Email: makhoul at bbn.com