Arabic-L:GEN:Expressons of Sympathy

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Apr 18 17:34:36 UTC 2001

1) Subject: For Salim
2) Subject: For Salim

Date: 18 Apr 2001
From: sam231 <sam231 at gwu.edu>
Subject: For Salim

Dear Colleague,
We are all saddened indeed shocked with the news about our dear friend and
colleague Salim Khaldieh. I have no better words to describe Salim than those
written by Aleya Rushdy and Mohamed Eissa.
I have known Salim through working at Middlebury College for several summers,
and always enjoyed seeing him in conferences.
As we all know Salim loved his job, indeed adored (9ashiqa) it, we know
how dedicated he was to the profession. He also loved to write poetry, he used
to come every day saying "Samia, 'isma9ii dii" and if I complained he would
say in his always cheerful manner, "aren't you my sister? You should encourage
me" and he would recite what he has written.
One of his favorite poem is "Salaatu 9aashiqin" and he was the "9aashiq".
Let us all join now in a prayer for Salim in a " Salaatun li9aashiqin",
" Salim, raHmatu Allaah 9aleek, nas'al Allah ta9aala 'an yudxilaka jannatu.
May you rest in peace. You will always be missed".
Samia Montasser