Arabic-L:LINGE:Arabic IT responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Aug 23 16:29:02 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Arabic IT response
2) Subject: Arabic IT response
3) Subject: Arabic IT response

Date:  23 Aug 2001
From: Mutarjm at aol.com
Subject: Arabic IT response

Greetings.

While I don't know about any French sources or references, there seems to be
a flourishing industry ** in Lebanon ** for IT translation in the language
pair of [ English <-> Arabic ]. The (faintly-recalled name) firm of Arabic
Software Company (ASC) near Beirut seems to be one prominent producer and
publisher.

There is an emerging IT-specific translation industry in Dubai due to the
presence of regional service centers and offices of major OEM of IT products
and services.

I seem to recall seeing a French <-> Arabic dictionary of IT terms at some
bookstores in Abu Dhabi when I was there a few years back.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.  Khair, in sha' Allah.
Regards from Los Angeles,
Stephen H. Franke