Arabic-L:Minimalism and Palestinian Arabic Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 6 17:54:16 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Minimalism and Palestinian Arabic Query

Date: 06 Feb 2001
From: elnabih at mail.iugaza.edu
Subject: Minimalism and Palestinian Arabic Query

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a teacher of Linguistics at the Islamic University of
Gaza-Palestine. I got an MA degree in Linguistics/ESL from California
State University-Fresno in 1997.

Ph.D. qualifications in general and in Linguistics in particular are
badly needed in our Palestinian Community.

I am interested in pursuing my study and getting a Ph.D. degree in
Syntax, and particularly, (Palestinian) Arabic and Minimalism.

As the libraries here lack references about such a recent subject, and
I did not have a good idea about it, I traveled to Egypt some months
ago. I visited the library of the American University-Cairo and
borrowed some books on Minimalism such as Radford (1997) and Ouhalla
(1999).  Nevertheless, I could not find any study related to
Minimalism and (Palestinian) Arabic.

I need someone to help me, please.   Which references can I get to
have a better idea about Minimalism? Do you know about any study
similar to my proposed one?

I would appreciate your effort very much.

Sincerely,
Hassan El-Nabih

elnabih at mail.iugaza.edu
The Islamic University of Gaza