Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic on Mac query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Jan 16 21:48:45 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Arabic on Mac query

Date: 16 Jan 2001
From: John Makhoul <makhoul at bbn.com>
Subject: Arabic on Mac query

I have a Mac G3 (and G4) running Mac OS 9.0.4.  I have found out that
the Arabic capabilities that come with OS 9 are very limited.  What do
I need to make my Mac fully Arabic conversant?  The applications of
interest to me are Microsoft Office (especially Word and Powerpoint),
Netscape Communicator, and Internet Explorer.  Also, I would like the
ability on these applications to be able to read various Arabic
formats in addition to Arabic Mac format, including PC Windows format
(and dare I wish for Unicode Arabic format?).

Thanks.

John Makhoul