Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic on Mac responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jan 17 20:29:58 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Arabic on Mac response
2) Subject: Arabic on Mac response
3) Subject: Arabic on Mac response

Date: 17 Jan 2001
From: YemenLC at aol.com
Subject: Arabic on Mac response

None of the applications you mentioned  supports Arabic. Microsoft programs
DO NOT Support Arabic on the Mac! (who cares. You never need them.)
The best programs for Arabic are: Nisus Writer, WinText, Al-Nashir Al-Sahafi,
PageMaker ME, Photoshop ME, inDeign ME and others. I believe apple works 6.0
also supports Arabic. I have 5.0 the spread sheet, database and the graphic
programs in apple works support Arabic. The wordprocessor does not support
Arabic!
For Web browsing, iCab is the best by far. Netscape supports Arabic only if
you are running the Arabic version of the Mac OS 9. You can import Arabic
text from windows into Al-Nashir al-Sahafi.
Hope this help.
Mohammed Rahawi