Arabic-L:GEN:Digest Mode of Arabic-L

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue May 1 14:37:44 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Digest Mode of Arabic-L

Date: 05 May 2001
From: moderator
Subject: Digest Mode of Arabic-L

I have received several requests for Arabic-L in digest mode, so I've
finally discovered how it is supposed to be done.  I have no idea if
it actually works, so if someone tries it and it does work, let me
know.  Digest mode is supposed to save all the messages for the whole
day and send them all at once (I think).
Anyway, to get it in digest mode, you must send a message from the
address at which you are registered to:

listserv at listserv.byu.edu

with the message

set arabic-l mail digest

Either before or after you do this, you can send to the same address
the following message:

set arabic-l

with no arguments, and the listserv will send you back your current
settings.  My current settings include:

MAIL=ACK

which is the normal setting.

If you are going on vacation and want the listserv to hold your mail
till you get back, you can send the command:

set arabic-l mail postpone

It will then hold you mail until you send another 'set arabic-l mail'
command, either:

set arabic-l mail ack

or

set arabic-l mail digest

As a reminder, many subscribers send messages to arabic-l and get
back a message stating that they are not subscribed to the list.
This is because you subscribed under one address, and are now sending
mail from another, usually because you have added some alias, or
because your institution has changed addresses. Anyway, to fix this
you need to send me both your old and new addresses, so I can
unsubscribe you from the old one and subscribe you to the new one.

Dil