Arabic-L:PEDA:ALI in Fez

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue May 8 15:02:14 UTC 2001

1) Subject: ALI in Fez

Date: 08 May 2001
From: Baghdadi <Baghdadi at fesnet.net.ma>
Subject: ALI in Fez

[moderator's note: a calendar was included with this message as an
attachment.  If you would like this attachment, please contact the
sender directly, and I'm sure he would be glad to forward it to you.
Dil]

The Arabic Language Institute in Fez
P.O. Box 2136, Fez 30000, Morocco
Tel: (212/55) 62 48 50  Fax: (212/55) 93 16 08
E-Mail: alif at fesnet.net.ma
http://www.alif-fes.com
(A.L.I.F. is an affiliate of the American Language Center-Fez)

Dear Colleague,

It is with great pleasure that I contact you in order to update you on
the past year’s developments at The Arabic Language Institute in Fez
(ALIF) and to provide you with our most recent program literature.  With
seventeen full years of experience, ALIF has acquired an international
reputation for excellence in Arabic Language instruction.  In addition
to intensive classes in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial
Moroccan Arabic (CMA), the Institute offers courses in Islamic texts,
Arabic of the News Media, Contemporary Maghrebi Literature, and as
always, we can readily develop specialized courses for advanced
researchers and students from most fields and professions.

During 2000, ALIF’s programs and facilities have continued to grow.  The
most significant development has been the introduction of a new
jointly-sponsored program with Beloit College.  This program will focus
on the study of cross-cultural psychology and Moroccan society and
culture.  Additionally, we have added to the ALIF Library’s excellent
North African and Islamic Studies collections and now offer more
frequent extra-curricular activities including concerts, lectures,
tours, Arabic calligraphy, Oriental dancing, Moroccan cuisine, and an
Arabic lunch series. ALIF has also made several physical acquisitions
for the benefit of its students.  These include a satellite television
that receives over 16 Arabic language stations in the ALIF Villa, a new
viewing-station for Arabic films and documentaries, and above all a
traditional home, or riad, in the Medina of Fez.  It is our hope that
students will soon be able to make use of this wonderful resource as a
residence and venue for cultural events.

  .  For further information, please contact ALIF at the address or
e-mail above, or visit our Website at: http://www.alif-fes.com

Sincerely,

Ada AC Hogan
Assistant to the Director