Arabic-L:PEDA:wants teaching job

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed May 30 15:03:16 UTC 2001

1) Subject: wants teaching job

Date: 30 May 2001
From: Scalhorn at aol.com
Subject: wants teaching job

Greetings, all!
My name is Glenn Phillips, and I have up until recently been an
Arabic linguist with the U.S. Army.  I left the service in March,
2001, and am currently looking for Arabic work, especially as an
Arabic language instructor.  I have been working with Arabic for 11.5
years, having studied at the Defense Language Institute (DLI)
(Monterey, CA), Berlitz Language Center (Baltimore, MD), and the
American University in Cairo.  I am fluent in Modern Standard Arabic
and conversant in Levantine, Syrian, Egyptian, and Gulf dialects.

I spent the past two years teaching Arabic at DLI and absolutely LOVE
to teach!  I found out about this Arabic server and am keen to get
acquainted with the listings and with you, my fellow Arabic
colleagues.
Cheers,
Glenn M. Phillips
scalhorn at aol.com