Arabic-L:PEDA:Intensive year long program query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Nov 9 18:13:02 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Intensive year long program query

Date:  11 Nov 2001
From: Dil Parkinson  <dil at byu.edu>
Subject: Intensive year long program query

I suppose we all have been asked this question, and we all certainly
knew it was coming.  What surprised me is that I didn't know the
answer.  A student has asked me if there are any stateside, year-long
(as opposed to just summer) intensive (basically full-time) Arabic
language programs.  It would be something like DLI or FSI or the CIA
school, but without having to join up.  I told him I didn't think
there were any at universities, but thought there might be some at
places like the Monterrey School or the ME Institute in DC (those are
just guesses).  Does anyone know if there is such a thing?
Dil