Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Program Opinion Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Nov 12 17:37:58 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Arabic Program Opinion Query

Date:  12 Nov 2001
From: Chris Holman <veracocha at hotmail.com>
Subject: Arabic Program Opinion Query

Hello All,

I am writing to ask if any of you have an opinion that you would like
to express and wouldn't mind if I documented in a proposal to the
University of Oregon to create an Arabic program that will fulfill
B.A. requirements.  Currently, a self-study program is offered
through the Linguistics Dept. but the credits earned are not
applicable to a degree.  Since my arrival here I have been
instructing Arabic in this capacity.  Recently, I was approached by
the University to discuss the possibilities of creating such a
program and how this program, if created, could benefit the community
and the academic worlds.  Naturally, I thought of this forum as the
first place to turn to for comments, opinions, suggestions, or
anything else that I could include in the proposal to the school.  If
any one of you would be so kind as to assist me with this I would be
very grateful.  Feel free to respond to this post or to send your
replies to my home address.  Thank y

Sincerely,
Chris Holman
1760 W. 17th # 3