Arabic-L:LING:Publishing possibilities query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Nov 12 17:43:31 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Publishing possibilities query

Date:  12 Nov 2001
From: mohamed zniber <zniber at yahoo.fr>
Subject: Publishing possibilities query

Dear colleagues,
I am Mohamed Zniber. I defended my Ph.D. thesis last
July. It is entitled: Verb phrase modification in
Moroccan Arabic: ‘Auxiliation’, supervised by Pr.
Youssi from Mohamed V university, Rabat Morocco.
I would like to inquire about publishing possibilities
in international linguistic journals. My article is
about modal auxiliaries in Moroccan Arabic and
English: a comparative study. It is subdivided into
two main sections: the first one reviews the uses of
modals in English and Moroccan Arabic. The main
concern is, therefore, to investigate how the concept
of modality is expressed in the two languages. The
second part deals with error analysis. Moroccan
learners of English often misuse English modals. The
mistakes can be syntactic, semantic or lexical. The
study focuses on three types of tests: grammar
examinations, composition papers and translation
tasks.
Thanks for your collaboration.