Arabic-L:PEDA:Statement websites

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Oct 9 22:10:16 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Statement websites

Date:  09 Oct 2001
From: Dil Parkinson <dil at byu.edu>
Subject: Statement websites

I got over twenty responses to my request for sites.  Thanks to
everyone.  I'm not going to post them all, but will post the first
ones that arrived and one with a little extra info. Translations (not
necessarily perfect) of the text can be had at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/south_asia/newsid_1585000/1585636.stm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/0110/08/world1/world13.html

One Arabic class in our department had students listening, following
along, and looking up words in the translation that they were
unfamiliar with and it was pretty exciting for them to feel
'current'.  So thanks again for your help.
Dil