Arabic-L:GEN:iCab query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Oct 23 16:40:46 UTC 2001

1) Subject: iCab query

Date:  23 Oct 2001
From: Dan Parvaz <dparvaz at unm.edu>
Subject: iCab query

I noticed on Arabic-L that some are using iCab to view Arabic
webpages on a Mac. I'm running OS X; since Apple hasn't delivered any
bi-di capability in X (all their Unicode promises notwithstanding),
I'm use iCab in Classic mode for my Arabic needs. However, it seems
to freak out whenever it encounters certain kinds of punctuation,
since iCab doesn't appear to know whether a period is Arabic or
English, for example. Have you found any fixes for that?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Dan.