Arabic-L:GEN:iCAB responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Oct 25 16:35:45 UTC 2001

1) Subject: iCAB response
2) Subject: iCAB response

Date:  25 Oct 2001
From: Michael Fishbein <fishbein at humnet.ucla.edu>
Subject: iCAB response

I have found iCab to be a very useful tool for viewing Arabic web
pages on the Mac. However, the program does have a problem with line
breaks. Parts of one line sometimes appear on the next line down. As
you suggest, this may have to do with the program's not
distinguishing between Roman and Arabic spaces, commas, and periods.

The only work-around that I have been able to come up with is to copy
the offending text to the clipboard, paste it into a Nisus document,
and convert the text to an Arabic font (Geeza, for example).( You
need to depress the shift key while selecting the new font in order
to do this.) For some reason, this operation fixes the incorrect line
breaks. If anyone out there knows why it does so, I'd be curious to
know.