Arabic-L:GEN:Keyboard responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Sep 25 14:59:46 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Keyboard response
2) Subject: Keyboard response
3) Subject: Keyboard response
4) Subject: Keyboard response

Date:  25 Sep 2001
From: "Timothy A. Gregory" <tgregory at tarjema.com>
Subject: Keyboard response

I would advise using the Saudi keyboard as one of them if you are
planning on using Arabic-enabled applications. MS Office 2000 won't
detect spelling for Arabic text if you don't have (or have not
installed) the Saudi keyboard. Hopefully they've fixed this in Office
XP, but I haven't yet tried it out. That aside, all of the regional
keyboards I have used (Saudi, Lebanese, Egyptian, Syrian) have all had
the same layout as far as I can tell.

--tag