Arabic-L:PEDA:Tangier Summer Arabic Program

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Apr 5 18:41:17 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Tangier Summer Arabic Program Funding and Places available

Date:  05 Apr 2002
From:Becky Schultheis beckys at u.arizona.edu
Subject:Tangier Summer Arabic Program

Please Post and Announce to Students:

Notice:
The Tangier Summer Arabic Program (directed by Driss Cherkaoui and
managed through the American Institute for Maghrib Studies) has room for
a few more students to fill out our summer program in intensive second
year Arabic and Moroccan dialectical Arabic.  Students are expected to
speak only Arabic for the majority of the day.

The program is solidly funded.  Tuition, room and board waivers (and
some travel money) are available for excellent candidates.  Good
candidates can expect to pay in the range of $1000 to $1200 out of
pocket.  Total fees are $2400 for tuition; $1000 for room and board,
plus travel expenses to Tangier, Morocco.  The announcement for the
language program can be accessed at
http://www.la.utexas.edu/research/mena/aims/tangier/aimsweb.htm

Although many students may be reluctant to travel to the Middle East,
Morocco is a stable environment removed from regional conflicts.
Students will live at the Tangier American School, a secondary school
with its own campus and security personnel.

Interested candidates may contact:
Becky Schultheis
beckys at u.arizona.edu
(520) 626-6498

We are extending the deadline for a few days to include additional
students.

End of Arabic-L:  05 Apr 2002